Saturday 29 December 2012

New Years Eve Edition


New Years Eve, the night sky (and everyone underneath) don more sparkles than they have all year round, combined. We all have places to be, whether it’s our lovers arms watching a film or out in the city dancing the night away. I have constructed (you guessed it) 3 outfits to represent 3 different occasions that you could find yourself in on this special night.

Comfortable Night In
This could be with your partner, family, or by yourself. A quiet night in is always nice, but on New Years Eve, you can expect that there may be some interruptions, or you might even end up going to an event that you thought you wouldn't.
Here I've put together a cute outfit to lounge around in. I mean, if someone comes over unexpectedly (if it happens, it happens on NYE) and invites you out, you can be looking fab already. I teamed a simple ivory cashmere cardigan with black Capri pants (Audrey favourite) with a cute sleeveless polka dot blouse. The shoes are cute and versatile, to be worn to casual or semi-formal occasions. While you’re home, maybe flick on an old blockbuster with some popcorn, and if you want, you could let your hair down (literally), lose the cardigan, and be ready to go out at the drop of a hat.

Gathering with Friends
Oh, the casual meet-up. It’s not a party, but it’s not pyjama-casual. It may be centered around a meal or a few beverages. It’s hard to define a dress code for this sort of event which brings to worry – what do I wear!?!


This ensemble is just for a casual get together, you can keep or lose the blazer but I do prefer a little formality to my outfits and this is where it is. I've teamed a black sleeveless boat neck top (featuring a peplum) with a white pleated skirt and black waist belt. It’s not too flashy, simple and classy. I've used a matte black colour for the flats and bags because we’re not going too shiny here; it’s just getting together with friends/family. I've added some colours in make up and accessories with dark red lip gloss, nail polish and earrings.

New Years Night Out
The big night out, lucky you! You’re going to make the last of 2012 by stepping out into town, or a big bash, in style. It’s your night to be the bell of the ball, it’s your last chance, and so what will you wear?

Forgive me, for I have over indulged. I have a soft spot for full dresses and it’s just so beautiful and my ideal of feminine wear, I had to use it! Warning: I would not use a petticoat of that high volume. The rest is really simple; pearl earrings, white T bar heels, a pearl necklace and simple make up with an emphasis on eyelashes. The dress is the main attraction. For hair inspiration, look at Marilyn Monroe or Dita Von Teese.

New Years Eve is a time of many events, and choosing what to wear is only half the battle. The last Contemporary Classic post of the year! Next post will be the first of my posts introducing the month, it will be titled ‘Introducing January – New Years Resolutions’. Stay safe on this busy night, and I hope to see you during 2013.
Love Claire, x.

1 comment:

  1. I'm personally a big fan of the-trend-trade blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every blogger, every reader and all feedback.
I will happily answer all questions that you many have.
Have a nice day!