Sunday 23 December 2012

Christmas Edition


Dress yourself, the tree and the rest of the house, it’s Christmas! Are you feeling merry? I certainly am, and I’ll start by telling you what I asked for this year, following on to an outfit proposal. Oh, I know it sounds so materialistic of me base a Christmas post on gifts and clothes, but we can get to the mushy stuff in my next post. 

Christmas gifts!
These are some of the things that I wished for! Its Christmas Eve tomorrow and some things still haven’t come in the mail, which is a little sad, but we’re having a massive breakfast at my house so there’s so much to be excited about. Speaking of Christmas events …

Now, I just couldn't help myself, while wondering what to wear for my own family’s Christmas breakfast, I made a Polyvore look for a Christmas outfit (adaptable for breakfast, lunch and dinner).


I love this look because it’s comfortable, and can be sweet or sexy depending on what more you do with it. I’ve used a redxgold colour scheme, because we’re so over green and red Christmases. I’ve accessorised with a simple wreath-looking headband and a gold pearl bracelet, Chanel quilted bag, and for the first time in the history of Contemporary Classic, pantyhose! I love them so much, but haven’t been able to put them in a look until now. They’re actually a sheer gold, I have a vintage pair by Christian Dior (unopened) just like them. Any how, enough about me, see the sparkly gold flats. Well they’re great for any sort of sit down feast, but if you’re going to a party maybe mix it up with some heels. Last but not least the dress, I love this style of dress, it’s a little retro looking with the pleats and the illusion of fullness, but it’s simple and gracious, perfect for Christmas!

Breakfast: Throw a pale coloured cardigan over your shoulders (in colder climates) to add some light to the outfits, preferably an ivory. Instead of using the bag as a clutch, utilize it's straps as a small bag. Keep makeup minimal.
Lunch: Perhaps consider wearing a 3/4-sleeved blazer over the dress. It would be a good idea to match the colour of the shoes to the blazer (say, if the blazer is navy, choose navy flats). Wear your hair out in a casual, tousled look and go without the red lip pictured.
Dinner: Perfect for dinner, but you could swap your flats for heels if you wanted here. Use the bag as a clutch purse here. I've included a make up look for you here.

Tune in on Christmas during the evening (GMT 10+) to read my ‘Post Christmas’ post, detailing what I did, what I received and what I wore! I hope you’re excited, because I just can’t wait

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every blogger, every reader and all feedback.
I will happily answer all questions that you many have.
Have a nice day!