Wednesday 5 December 2012

Channeling Your Inner Audrey Hepburn – Paris When it Sizzles


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4319231/?claim=a8qx867fkut">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Part 2/4 of the Channeling Your Inner Audrey Hepburn analyzes Paris When it Sizzles. It is a very whimsical film about a screenwriter with a deadline at the end of three days and his imaginative secretary, Audrey Hepburn as Gabrielle Simpson. In Paris (of course), the two act out preposterous and outrageous plots in search for the perfect story. While there were a lot of crazy costumes included in this film, I will be looking at the more practical styles, for less of a ‘costume’ look.

As she plays the original secretary at the beginning of the film, Gaby wears a delightful green suit.



She wears a sleeveless boat-neck top underneath with a white hat and white gloves. The women’s separates suit itself conveys a very vintage feel on its own, but paired with the hat and gloves, it’s undeniably retro-chic.




This would be a great look for the office with the jacket, and without can be made to fit more casual situations like a nice lunch. The jacket and the shoes completely liven up the outfit. With their presence, the dress, handbag and gloves also feel a little minty. With a bright colour like this, I think simple designs are best. I've also used a letter looking purse to match her secretarial role.

Gaby wears a simple ensemble as she wakes up to find script pages leading from the front of her door.

She wears a casual white shift dress with a blue belt and ballet flats in a matching white. Here she only accessorizes with simple pearl earrings.  


This outfit is great for many occasions, from picking up the Sunday paper, to watching the next blockbuster. I was absolutely torn between shoes here, so you can pick your favourite in context to the occasion the ensemble would be worn to. I've given her just simple pearl earrings to accessorize with, as it’s consistent with her original outfit, but I don’t think the addition of a pearl bracelet would hurt either.

During the romantic climax of the film, Gaby’s outfit is very amorous-looking outfit.


She wears a beautiful pink shift dress which features a bow-tied waist belt, which she wears with a matching clutch handbag, elbow length gloves, pearl earrings and a pink bow at the back of her hair.


This is a very romantic outfit which would be perfect for a date with a significant other, or friends. The theme is bows! Bow on the dress, bow handbag, bow hair accessory, so everything else should remain pretty simple. The outfit can look a little more professional with the coat (however I wouldn't put a coat over a massive bow, I hope that bow is detachable) and by switching those earrings to simple singular pearls. The pumps are so versatile and great for many looks, I highly recommend investing in a pair similar, I know that I have many and use them regularly.

Personal notes:
I went to have breakfast and do a spot of shopping yesterday, and I want to show you some things I bought!
All of that for $15 (original retail price $90), apart from the With Love perfume that my mother bought me. I’m a very happy girl! I've been collecting some basic that I need for my wardrobe next year. I also JUST went out and bought a cute houndstooth-patterned pencil skirt for $3 secondhand in great condition - but you can see a photo of that in my next post.
I've made a Twitter account, https://twitter.com/WoodfieldClaire, and as you can see a Bloglovin. I’m trying to expand this blog and hopefully you will see great things from in the future.

Did you like Paris When it Sizzles? I think that it’s such a laugh to watch. I adore her outfits in this film and I hope you enjoyed my interpretations. My next post will be titled ‘Contemporary Take on Classic Nails’, which I’m really looking forward too as I love giving my nails a treat. See you then!
Love Claire, xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every blogger, every reader and all feedback.
I will happily answer all questions that you many have.
Have a nice day!