Wednesday 9 January 2013

Grace Kelly – Channeling Your Princess Within


Movie star and Princess of Monaco, the Grace Kelly fantasy belongs to girls around the globe. As a fashion icon of mine, I admire her feminine and very elegant dress sense; it’s the sort of look I hope to achieve.

Before we look at outfits, I want to talk a bit about Grace’s general fashion choices.
  • She preferred soft pastels (a typical feminine favourite) and jewel tones such as navy for a darker look.
  • For main items, she often wore simple blouses accompanied by a pencil skirt (usually woolen), tailored high-waist pants or jeans.
  • Grace always accessorized perfectly, with elegant white gloves, a silk scarf and never forget, the ‘Kelly Bag’.
  • To emphasize her slender arms and fine shoulders during the evening, she would wear off the shoulder or thin strapped gowns teamed with longer gloves

Leisure Day Wear
This look is mainly to show off a Grace look with pants. She rocked them looking as feminine as the princess she was.



Her outfit here is actually modeled after an outfit of hers in the film High Society. She wears a beige blouse with darker beige/camel high waist pants. To accompany these pieces she wears a brown belt, brown kitten heels, a simple pearl bracelet, and of course, the Kelly Bag! This has been one of the more masculine outfits that I've constructed and I’m very happy with it.

Sensible Day Wear
Grace had mastered the art of sensible, elegant day wear while looking effortlessly fashionable.


This ensemble is quite simple, as Grace never looked like she was trying too hard. I've matched a woolen pencil skirt with a fitted blouse, and accessorized with a pearl necklace, a Chanel bag modeled after the Hermes ‘Kelly’ design and some simple black heels. You could wear this to office and go out for a drink after work, still looking very chic.

Evening Wear
Princess Grace! Oh how stunning she looked in an evening gown. Like I've done many times before, I’ll channel this look in semi-formal attire.


Here I have a stunning, full red dress which would really show off Grace’s arms and collar bones. I've teamed it with a white pea coat, a red Hermes crocodile Kelly bag, some red sling-back heels. For accessories, I've simple used some diamond earrings and longer white gloves. This look is all about looking like royalty, effortlessly!

This post has been so much fun, I've really enjoyed looking at Grace’s outfits and picking apart her style. In my next post I look at ‘How to Move Away (With Your Clothes)’.

Did you enjoy reading about Grace Kelly today? She is one of my favourite princesses throughout history. How do you think she goes up against Kate in the fashion department?

Vintage Fashion, Modern Approach.
Love Claire, xo.

2 comments:

  1. I adore her elegance&simplicity in outfits and that movie's one of my favourite. I think such ppl like Grace with her divine charming smile and perfect sense of style will always inspire others even with different views and tastes as well. Dapper!


    Helen
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Helen
      I too believe that she is inspirational
      Have a nice day

      Delete

I appreciate every blogger, every reader and all feedback.
I will happily answer all questions that you many have.
Have a nice day!