Monday 1 April 2013

Split Style Personalities


I've come to the conclusion that I cannot have one, simply clarified style. I don't know how anyone could do it. I think of all the money I could save on clothes due to buying less, the quality of clothes that I could buy with that saved money! I'm a fiend. Anyway - when you wake up with a new taste every day, one style just won't work. So what I've done is created personalities with different names, characteristics and of course, styles. Would you like to meet them?

Audrey


I'm not going to beat around the bush as to where this name came from. She's adorably charming with a gamine style. Not sexy, not immature - just content and innocent. Dresses with little-girl details like peter pan collars go perfectly with pearls and ballet flats. She's the best type of dreamy with doe deer eyes to draw anyone in. She idolizes Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday, and Audrey Tatou in Amélie. Spending her afternoons in the park or at a milk bar - she's never up to no good.

Gwyneth


This side used to be a lot more prominent when I had white blonde hair. She loves all shades of white from cream to ivory. An ice queen to an angel - she will aspire to look porcelain soft. A string of pearls never look out of place, especially when paired with a fitted shift dress or cream cashmere cardigan. She takes style inspiration from vintage stars like Tippi Hedren and Grace Kelly. 

Natalie


Her motto is "quality, not quantity". Deliberately simple, Natalie refuses to deal with clutter. She turns away bright hues and prints, so that she can focus on the more important things - like clean lines are designs. Natalie embraces the minimalist style, taking inspiration from Tilda Swinton, and Anjelica Huston. Her wardrobe contains a small amount of high quality clothing, carefully picked to keep, and the interior design of her room reflects this style.

Elizabeth


The sophisticated look is worn by Elizabeth. She has it all organised, and she knows a classic piece when she sees one. Similar to Natalie but with more aesthetic details, Elizabeth keeps life (including the wardrobe) decluttered. She looks toward Coco Chanel and Anna Wintour for inspiration - as authorities in the world of fashion. She's organised and driven - she knows what she wants and nothing can stand in her way.

Well now you've been introduced, I'll follow this post up with style profiles regarding each fashion personality. I quite enjoy pursuing different styles, how about you? Do you have multiple style personalities? I'd love to hear about them.

Vintage Fashion, Modern Approach.
Love Claire, xoxo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every blogger, every reader and all feedback.
I will happily answer all questions that you many have.
Have a nice day!