Thursday 4 April 2013

Audrey says "How to Dress Gamine Style"

In my last post, I discussed my Split Style Personalities which included Audrey (the gamine), Gwenyth (the ice queen), Natalie (the minimalist) and Elizabeth (the sophisticate). In this post, we'll be looking at Audrey's gamine style.

Gamine style icons:

  • Audrey Tatou
  • Jackie Kennedy
  • Edie Sedgwick
  • Audrey Hepburn
  • Mia Farrow

Her desired designers:

  • Marni
  • Marc Jacobs
  • ChloĆ©

What you'll find in her wardrobe:

  • Little black dresses with high collars
  • Tulip skirts
  • Capri pants
  • Pretty white blouses with round or peter pan collars
  • A flared, woollen coat

Her favourite accessories:

  • Big, round sunglasses
  • Thin, patent leather belts with cute buckles
  • Ballet flat pumps
  • Delicate earrings
  • Berets

What's on her vanity:

  • Mascara - for doe deer eyes
  • Girly, neutral hued nail polishes
  • 'Daisy' by Marc Jacobs

Day Wear


Blouse - Bonne Chance / Pants - True Religion / Shoes - Debenhams / Sunglasses - Witchery / Earrings - Juliette & Company

Girly and mischievous, this outfit is ready for the outdoor elements while possessing the 'pretty in pink' aura. Pedal pushers look less 'blonde bombshell' and more 'gamine girlish' when paired with a modest, floaty blouse. 


Evening Wear


Dress - Jane Norman / Coat - Moschino / Purse - Mulberry / Pumps - Calvin Klein

This high collared, tulip skirt LBD fits my perception of an evening gamine outfit perfectly. Kitten heels are a great compromise for those used to wearing ballet flats. Isn't that purse just adorable? A cute, kitschy sweet purse is an important element for the gamine ensemble.  

I hope you enjoyed my post. I have a surprise for my readers that will be in my next post published. I can't wait to tell you all.
Love Claire, xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every blogger, every reader and all feedback.
I will happily answer all questions that you many have.
Have a nice day!